Learn more about Thomas A. Collins, attorney and counselor at law in Reno, Nevada, an active member of our community.
Professional Membership and Recognition:
- Trusts and Estates Section, State Bar of California, Member
- Probate and Trusts Section, State Bar of Nevada, Member
- 1999/2000 Pro Bono Service Award - Washoe County Senior Law Center
- Life Member of National Registry of Who's Who 2000
- Who's Who in American Law, 9th Edition 1996/1997
- Elder Law Section, State Bar of Nevada, Chairman 2003
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Probate Bar Association of Washoe County, Founding Member
- Church - Deacon and Elder
- Sierra Sunrise Toastmasters, Past President
- College of Business Alumni Association, Past Director - University of Nevada, Reno
- Western Industrial Nevada
- Reno Sunrise Rotary, President 2008-2009
- Reno Corvette Club, President 2004
- Silver State Hunt Club, Secretary
- Golden Lodge #50, F & AM, Master 1986
- University of Nevada, Reno, Alumni Association, President 1991
- Reno/Sparks Chamber of Commerce Diplomat - Leadership Program 2000, Leadership Alumni Association
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Nevada, President 1993/1994
- Reno Police Department Citizen Police Academy, 2004
- Washoe County Sheriffs Office Citizen Academy, 2004
- Homeland Security Council Committee 2005
- Truckee Meadows Rotary Youth Exchange Committee, Chairman 2007-2008
- Sierra Nevada Retriever Club
- Western Nevada Pistol League
Holly Van Valkenburgh
Mr. Collins was the attorney for my friend, Helen, and when she died I was the Trustee for her Estate. I contacted Mr. Collins because he was on her most recent documents and her prior attorney had become a Judge so was unable to continue to assist her. I had not worked with him, nor with any other Estate attorney, so did not know what to expect.
I was/am very pleased with the assistance of Thom Collins and his assistant Angela, who were both extremely helpful with the Helen L. Riley Trust processes. They both did a lot of explaining to help me with …. They also were responsible for the preparation of all the necessary documents.
I especially appreciated Mr. Collins’ court representation and responses to my numerous inquiries. It was wonderful to have assistance and direction from a knowledgeable attorney and staff.
Libelle C. On 03.13.2015
Tom Collins is a pro and a real gentleman. He made our entire family feel very comfortable; he definitely is an expert and we received top-notch service. Also, he is very caring and has a great sense of humor. Highly Recommended! Best Wills, Trust & Estate Attorney in Reno!
Mon - Thu: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Fri: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM